Friday, September 2, 2011

Back to School

The new additions to my lunch box collection.
Hurray!  It's Friday!  One week down and only 40 more to go!  Thirty seven, if I don't count the holiday, winter and spring breaks.  Not that I'm counting or anything.  I like school well enough but I like summer better.

The first week wasn't bad.  This is the first year that I have a locker and I have to go to different classrooms.  (Last year, the teachers came to our room.)  We only have 2 minutes between classes so there isn't a lot of time to poke around.  At least my classes and locker are all in the same hallway so it's not too bad. My teachers seem nice enough although I think Mrs. S. gets some evil pleasure from giving us tons of homework and lucky me, I have her for both math and science! Ugh!

What I hate most about school is having to get up so bloody early.  I have to leave the house at 7:00 to catch the bus, so my alarm goes off at 6:15.  There should be laws about having to get up that early!   I could probably sleep another half hour and still catch the bus but the only thing worse than getting up so bloody early, is being rushed.  I like to have time to eat breakfast and help Ma finish packing my lunch.  (We do most of that work the night before.)  My school serves breakfast and lunch and I could eat there, which would save a little time, but their gluten free options are usually pretty dismal.  I would rather loose some sleep and eat my own stuff.

Since I take my lunch every day, I decided to have some fun with it and I started collecting lunch boxes.  The newest additions to my collection: Horton, The Jetson's and my mostest prized lunch box of all, Star Trek!  Are you jealous?  Go ahead and admit it.  You know you are!

Here's my whole collection.  I store them on a book shelf and every night, when I pick out my clothes for the next day, I decide which lunch box I want to take. 
Ma thinks my collection is complete now that my shelf is full but I'm pretty sure I can squeeze Captain Jack Sparrow and pony lunch boxes on there!  And there are a few I can get rid of, in the event that Scooby Doo, Big Bang Theory, Chococat, Tweety and The Princess Bride lunch boxes come along!

No comments:

Post a Comment